Saturday, August 11, 2007

Getting Back On the Wagon

Well, the last 10 days have not been good training wise. This last week I think I managed a single 2mi run and thats it. Eating and general feeling of wellness suffering too.

Life got in the way and I just let it keep getting in the way. My grandfather is very ill and has been transferred from the nursing home to hospital. A couple thousand miles away so I can't see for myself how he is doing. This triggered something something.

I'm going to try and use the exercise to avoid depression coming back. I think i may have lost some fitness, my body definitely feels softer, but the plan of attack for this week, is below. At a minimum, all of the runs.

It's only a temporary setback, no excuse to get back onto the couch.

Sun- AM - 1mi easy (just to get back in the habit) PM - Strength (Upper) + Pilates + Hike up the Red Arrow
Mon - AM - 3.5mi run PM - Exercise bike +Abs
Tue - AM - 2mi Treadmill Run + Abs PM - Exercise Bike
Wed - AM - 3.5mi Run PM - BodyPump Class + Elliptical + Abs
Thu - Rest
Fri - AM - 40 Min Bicycle PM - Red Arrow + Exercise Bike + Abs
Sat - AM - 5mi Run + Elliptical + Hike

It seems to work better when I write it down and plan it out every day.

1 comment:

warriorwoman said...

Well good luck with your program. I run to keep my head straight too, I think its very positive.